David Landy was born in Calais (France) in 1974. He holds a Master’s Degree in Advanced Instrumentation and Analysis (1997) from the University of Lille 1, a PhD in Supramolecular Chemistry (1999), and was authorised to supervise research activities (2008) from the University of Littoral-Côte d’Opale. He completed a postdoctoral training (2007) in the field of supramolecular species modelling at the Department of Medical Chemistry of the University of Antwerp, Belgium.
He is currently University Professor in the Supramolecular Chemistry team at UCEIV. His research activities focus on the development of characterization of host-guest complexes, using analytical methods (isothermal titration calorimetry, optical spectroscopy, NMR spectroscopy, etc.) and theoretical methods (molecular modelling).
Its research themes concern the application of inclusion phenomena to the detection and remediation of environmental pollutants. Through collaborations, he also participates in the application of complexes in the field of biphasic catalysis and enzyme-substrate recognition.
Bibliometric information's (ISI Web of Knowledge - June 2018)
- Number of articles, Web of Science : 68
- h-index : 22
- Total citations : 1192
- Characterization of cyclodextrin/volatile inclusion complexes: A review ;Kfoury, M., Landy, D., Fourmentin, S. ;(2018) Molecules, 23 (5), art. no. 1204, DOI: 10.3390/molecules23051204
- Deep eutectic solvents as green absorbents of volatile organic pollutants ; Moura, L., Moufawad, T., Ferreira, M., Bricout, H., Tilloy, S., Monflier, E., Costa Gomes, M.F., Landy, D., Fourmentin, S. ; (2017) Environmental Chemistry Letters, 15 (4), pp. 747-753. DOI: 10.1007/s10311-017-0654-y
- Cyclodextrins: A promising drug delivery vehicle for bisphosphonate ; Monteil, M., Lecouvey, M., Landy, D., Ruellan, S., Mallard, I. (2017) Carbohydrate Polymers, 156, pp. 285-293.DOI: 10.1016/j.carbpol.2016.09.030
- Polyoxometalate, Cationic Cluster, and γ-Cyclodextrin: From Primary Interactions to Supramolecular Hybrid Materials ; Moussawi, M.A., Leclerc-Laronze, N., Floquet, S., Abramov, P.A., Sokolov, M.N., Cordier, S., Ponchel, A., Monflier, E., Bricout, H., Landy, D., Haouas, M., Marrot, J., Cadot, E.(2017) ; Journal of the American Chemical Society, 139 (36), pp. 12793-12803. DOI: 10.1021/jacs.7b07317
- Improving ITC studies of cyclodextrin inclusion compounds by global analysis of conventional and non-conventional experiments ; Bertaut, E., Landy, D. ; (2014) ; Beilstein Journal of Organic Chemistry, 10, pp. 2630-2641. DOI: 10.3762/bjoc.10.275