Dominique Courcot was born in Gravelines (France) in 1968. He obtained a PhD at the University of Lille, in the specialty “spectrochemistry, molecules, solids, reactivity” in 1994. In 1995, he became Assistant Professor at the University of Littoral-Côte d’Opale where he contributed to the development of research on the treatment of particulate pollutants by heterogeneous catalysis.
Starting in 2003, he began a thematic conversion to study the behaviour and effects of suspended particles in the atmosphere. In 2004, it supports its HDR entitled “Characterisation and origin of atmospheric particles. Potentiality of oxide catalysts for the removal of carbonaceous particles”. In 2006, he was appointed University Professor and in 2010 became head of the “Chemistry and Toxicology of Atmospheric Emissions” team at UCEIV. Between 2008 and 2014, he managed the Maison de la Recherche en Environnement Industriel at ULCO. Since 2014, he has been Director of the Environmental Chemistry and Interactions on Life Unit, UCEIV, EA 4492.
His current research focuses on studying the level of exposure to airborne particles (PM10, PM2.5 and ultrafine particles) with the objective of proposing atmospheric emission tracers and estimating the contributions of sources to air quality. He is also involved in research on the effects of atmospheric particles on the respiratory system, using a multidisciplinary approach involving chemists and toxicologists.
Bibliometric information's (ISI Web of Knowledge - January 2019)
- Number of articles, Web of Science : 80
- h-index : 23
- Total citations : 1610
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbon derivatives in airborne particulate matter: sources, analysis and toxicity. I. Abbas, G. Badran, A. Verdin, F. Ledoux, M. Roumié, D. Courcot, G. Garçon. Environ. Chem. Lett. 16 (2018) 439-475 (doi: 10.1007/s10311-017-0697-0)
- Chemical characterization of fine and ultrafine PM, direct and indirect genotoxicity of PM and their organic extracts on pulmonary cells. S. Billet, Y. Landkocz, P. Martin, A. Verdin, F.Ledoux, C.Lepers, V. Andre, F.Cazier, F.Sichel, P.Shirali, P.Gosset, D.Courcot. J. Environ. Sci. 71 (2018) 168-178. (doi.org/10.1016/j.jes.2018.04.022)
- Contributions of local and regional anthropogenic sources of metals in PM2.5 at an urban site in northern France. F. Ledoux, A. Kfoury, G. Delmaire, G. Roussel, A. El Zein, D. Courcot. Chemosphere, 181 (2017) 713-724.
- Fine and ultrafine atmospheric Particulate Matter at a multi-influenced urban site: physicochemical characterization, mutagenicity and cytotoxicity. Y. Landkocz, F. Ledoux, V. André, F. Cazier, P. Genevray, D. Dewaele, P.J. Martin, A. Verdin, L. Armand, C. Lepers, L. Courcot, S. Bouhsina, F. Sichel, P. Shirali, M. Gualtieri, D. Courcot, S. Billet. Environ Pollut. 221 (2017) 130-140.
- Particulate matter physico-chemical characterization and in vitro toxicological effects, in Air Pollution: Sources, Prevention and Health Effects.M. Gualtieri, F. Ledoux, A. Verdin, S. Billet, P.J. Martin, D. Courcot. Nova publisher, 2016, Chapter 12. ISBN: 978-1-53610-988-7
- Chemical profile identification of fugitive and confined particle emissions from an integrated iron and steel making plant. D. Hleis, I. Fernandez-Olmo, F. Ledoux, A.Kfoury, L.Courcot, T.Desmonts, D.Courcot. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 250-251 (2013) 246-255. DOI: 10.1016/j.jhazmat.2013.01.080
- Differences in cytotoxicity, prooxidant and proinflammatory potency of air pollution particulate matter (PM2.5-0.3) influenced by rural-, urban-, or industrial-related emission sources in human bronchial epithelial cells (BEAS-2B). M.Dergham, C.Lepers, A.Verdin, S.Billet, F. Cazier, D.Courcot, P.Shirali, G.Garçon. Chemical Research in Toxicology, 16 (2012) 904-19. DOI: 10.1021/tx200529v
- Ambient particulate matter (PM2.5): Physicochemical characterization and metabolic activation of the organic fraction in human lung epithelial cells (A549). S. Billet, G. Garçon, Z. Dagher, A. Verdin, F. Ledoux, F. Cazier, D. Courcot, A. Aboukais and P. Shirali. Environmental Research, 105 (2007) 212-223. DOI: 10.1016/j.envres.2007.03.001