Stéphane Siffert was born in Mulhouse (France) in 1969. He obtained his PhD in chemistry (catalysis) in 1997 at the Louis Pasteur University in Strasbourg under the supervision of F. Garin on the “Catalytic reactivity of the Pt-zéolithe Beta system with respect to hexane skeletal rearrangement reactions”. After a position as Temporary Attaché of Teaching and Research in Strasbourg, he will do a year of post-doctorate at the University of Namur (Belgium) at the Laboratory of Chemistry of Inorganic Materials directed by B.-L. Su. In 1998, he became Assistant Professor at the University of Littoral-Côte d’Opale in Dunkerque, where he introduced the research theme on the catalytic treatment of Volatile Organic Compounds at the Catalysis and Environment Laboratory (LCE, EA 2598).
In 2006, he completed his HDR (authorisation to supervise research activities) entitled “Study of porous materials, compounds hosting active phases for the catalytic oxidation of Volatile Organic Compounds”. Since 2010, when the LCE joined two other ULCO laboratories to form UCEIV (EA 4492), he has headed the “Catalytic Treatment and Clean Energy” team (7 EC, 1 IE).
His research work concerns the catalytic treatment of atmospheric pollutants: Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs), Oxides of nitrogen (NOx), carbon monoxide (CO) and soot. He also studies the purification and recovery of CO2 as well as the removal of organic pollutants from water by Fenton and photoFenton using solid catalysts in conjunction with the CS team.
Bibliometric information's (ISI Web of Knowledge - June 2018)
- Number of articles, Web of Science : 97
- h-index : 27
- Total citations : 2150
- J. Brunet, E. Genty, C. Barroo, F. Cazier, C. Poupin, S. Siffert, D. Thomas, G. De Weireld, T. Visart de Bocarmé and R. Cousin; The CoAlCeO Mixed Oxide: An Alternative to Palladium-Based Catalysts for Total Oxidation of Industrial VOCs: Catalysts 8 pp 64; 2018 doi:10.3390/catal8020064
- Y. Lu, X. Cheng, G. Tian, H. Zhao, L. He, J. Hu, S.-M. Wu, Y. Dong, G.-G. Chang, S. Lenaerts, S. Siffert, G. Van Tendeloo, Z.-Fei Li, L.-L. Xu, X.-Y. Yang, B.-L. Su ; Hierarchical CdS/m-TiO2/G ternary photocatalyst for highly active visible light-induced hydrogen production from water splitting with high stability; Nano Energy, 47, pp. 8–17 2018
- E. Genty, S. Siffert, R. Cousin, Investigation of reaction mechanism and kinetic modelling for the toluene total oxidation in presence of CoAlCe catalyst; Catalysis Today (in press) 2018 doi: 10.1016/j.cattod.2018.03.018
- M. Al Zallouha, Y. Landkocz, J. Brunet, R. Cousin, E. Genty, D. Courcot, S. Siffert, P. Shirali, S.Billet: Usefulness of toxicological validation of VOCs catalytic degradation by air liquid interface exposure system : Environmental Research 152 ; PP. 328–335 2017
- J.C. Rooke, T. Barakat, J. Brunet, L. Yu, M. Franco Finol, J.-F. Lamonier, J.-M. Giraudon, R. Cousin, S. Siffert, B.L. Su: Hierarchically nanostructured porous group Vb metal oxides from alkoxide precursors and their role in the catalytic remediation of VOCs, Appl. Catal. B: Environmental. 162, 300-309 2015. DOI: 10.1016/j.apcatb.2014.06.056
- Mrad, A. Aissat, R. Cousin, D Courcot, S. Siffert*: Review: Catalysts for NOx Selective Catalytic Reduction by hydrocarbons (HC-SCR), Appl. Catal. A: General, 504, 542-548, 2015, DOI:10.1016/j.apcata.2013.11.025
- L. Djeffal, S. Abderrahmane, M. Benzina, M. Fourmentin, S. Siffert, S. Fourmentin: Efficient degradation of phenol using natural clay as heterogeneous Fenton-like catalyst, Environ. Sci. Pollut. Res., 21(5), 3331-3338, 2014. DOI: 10.1007/s11356-013-2278-5
- T. Barakat, V. Idakiev, R. Cousin, G.-S. Shao, Z.-Y. Yuan, T. Tabakova, S. Siffert*: Total oxidation of toluene over noble metal based Ce, Fe and Ni doped titanium oxides, Appl. Catal. B: Environmental, 146, 138-146, 2014. DOI: 10.1016/j.apcatb.2013.05.064
- T. Barakat, J.C. Rooke, E. Genty, R. Cousin, S. Siffert*, B.-L. Su, Review: Gold catalysts in environmental remediation and water-gas shift technologies; Energy and Environmental Science, 371-391, 6(2) 2013. DOI: 10.1039/c2ee22859a